6/26/2012

Comic-Con Album Pt 6

Selina Desire, San Diego Comic-Con International 2000
Cosplayer Selina Desire

The self-proclaimed Kat Goddess of Love was in the house. Looking at my old 35 mm rolls, I realize I didn't photograph that many cosplayers during the entire trip. This might have been personal reticence. Comic-Con was my first big convention. But I suspect the transition to digital has helped free-up my shooting habits. I may have been initially overwhelmed by the variety of things that were going on around me. And this made me conservative. But being able to fit two to four hundred images within a single memory card, as opposed to carrying a couple of rolls of film fitting only thirty-six frames each, is a huge step up in image capacity. The instant feedback is also quite useful when assessing what to photograph.

 Pt 1234, 5ss